Sunday, October 16, 2011

Takin’ the homepaths

These past few weeks I have been battling a myriad of illnesses and general laryngeal malaise, which I can only seem to equate to my current occupation of running around and frolicking with cesspools of bacteria and germs, i.e. children. Love them, but hate them when I cannot speak above a whisper and my digested food becomes a wicked sludge that chooses to exit out my throat and nose, lovely.

I am thankful for these mishaps only in so much that they have exposed to me to the intriguing and mysterious Lékárna, or, to the non-Czech, pharmacy. Before coming to Litomyšl I was never so intrigued by health wellness and most certainly not the pharmacy. Sure the Walgreens is cool because I can get Cheetos, Coke, and 'medicine' in the same location, but the Lékárna is fascinating. The Pharmacy here makes it so you feel better. It's like going to the doctor without the hassle. First of all they don’t give you shit like Dayquill, which is simply for the uniformed. Oh no, here it seems to be all about the homeopaths.

At the Lékárna, where thankfully my friend, Alice, ventured with me, they gave me the magical, healing, wonderfulness that is Vicentka. Seriously, this stuff is incredible, it cures EVERYTHING. Runny nose, Vicentka; Laryngitus, Vicentka; Stomachache, Vicentka. With the mondo healing powers of this there is no need for anything else. However, I was in such bad shape that I caved and bought one more healing remedy, Homeovox . I have no idea what this stuff does or what its for, but I know that after taking six of these sugar tabs that I could sing for days, poor children.

For someone who has never been big on taking medicine (I don’t think I have ever finished a full prescription of antibiotics-sorry mom) I think I finally found a line of medicines that’s right for me.

So, what have I learned this week:

1. Never go to the Lékárna alone.
2. Take only homeopaths from now on.
3. Try not to get sick.

If you want to learn more on homeopathy in Czech Republic, like I did, go here & get informed.

Snappy, snap time:

Oh yea, that's the good stuff!



Paying homage to Steve Jobs does not stop at the coasts of America, no sir. Live from Prague.

No comments: